The government is providing additional funding to improve provision of physical education (PE) and sport in primary schools. This funding - provided jointly by the Departments for Education, Health and Culture, Media and Sport – has been allocated to primary school head teachers.
This funding is ring-fenced and therefore can only be spent on provision of PE and sport in schools. Purpose of funding Schools must spend the additional funding on improving their provision of PE and sport, but schools have been given the freedom to choose how they do this. A list of possible uses has been suggested.
PURPOSE OF FUNDING
Minerva Academy has decided to use the money to:
- employ specialist PE instructor to work alongside our teachers when teaching PE and dance in order to strengthen teaching and learning in this subject across school
- support and engage the least active children in physical activities
- provide professional development opportunities for teachers in PE and sport
- increase pupils’ participation in the sports and physical activities
- provide pupils with after school sports clubs
- improve resources to support the development of the subject
- The impact of the use of the grant will be reviewed at the end of the year.
Should you require any further assistance please contact the school office who will do their best to help.
Our latest tweets
- Our School
- News & Events
- Our Governors
- Key Information
- Parents Area
- Homework links
- Contact Us